New RE Sources Website!

William Angel December 29, 2005 09:21 PM

Please check out the RE Sources website for active sustainability programs and projects that are successful in the community.

William (Bill) Angel,
RS Environmental Health…

• General
    • Announcements
0 Comment

Sustainability & Tourism

Patricia Barnes December 29, 2005 09:15 PM

Hello There,

I am currently managing an extensive, long term project on Tourism & Sustainability in British Columbia. While I appreciate that this subject is very broad, I…

3 Comments

Initiating Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Kate Thomson Fort Smith December 28, 2005 09:01 PM

Im always amazed with the vastness of the planet when I read discussions on watering lawns while Im looking out my office window at falling snow and being kept awake at night by…

3 Comment

Vegas & Greywater in Fountains

cdollard December 23, 2005 09:56 AM

How can they use graywater in fountains? I am pretty sure that restrictions around here imply that you cannot "spray" graywater (for example if you use it for irrigation…

• Water
    • Graywater
1 Comment

Seeking Specs for the Placement of Internal Waste and Recycling Stations

Sam Peel December 22, 2005 06:37 PM

We are about to implement a policy of no bins under desks in new buildings. Staff must instead walk to the common bins located in kitchens and recessed into corridors etc. We need…

• Waste Reduction
    • Recycling
1 Comment

Social Marketing and Recycling

prossi December 21, 2005 03:33 PM

Many people have been e-mailing about social marketing. The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR), Division of Recycling and Litter Prevention, put together a booklet…

• Waste Reduction
    • Recycling
0 Comment

Looking for Research on Watering Restrictions

Beth Putnam Brooksville December 21, 2005 03:32 PM

I'm looking for research on the following: the effect landscape watering restrictions have on watering habits; the level of compliance with watering restrictions; to what extent…

• Water
    • Watering Restrictions
23 Comment

Recycling Experiments

Melanie Barter Perth December 21, 2005 12:21 AM

Does anyone know of office or university recycling programs that have been rolled out that have incorporated an experimental design (ie: testing what type of bins facilitate…

• Waste Reduction
    • Recycling
5 Comment

Anti Idling Bylaw

Tim Laprade Kingston December 20, 2005 06:44 PM

In the new year I will be reviewing our anti idling bylaw and providing input from an environmental perspective. If anyone has done a similar task and is interested/able to share…

• Transportation
    • Anti-Idling
0 Comment

Re: How Many People Read Newsletters?

Leanne Tobias Bethesda December 19, 2005 12:25 PM

Dear Pamela,

What an interesting question! I subscribe to a number of e-newsletters, and here is my behavior: --Skim: almost always. (Unless I am extremely pressed for time or…

• General
    • General Discussion
8 Comment

Welcome, Guest

Not a member yet? Sign up in 30 seconds and add powerful tools that will help you engage in the CBSM community through additional features.