There are substantive and meaningful contributions being made to transition to sustainability. Community-Based Social Marketing is helping humanity make this transition more gracefully.
The cornerstone of sustainable and healthy communities is behaviour change. Sustainability requires that individuals and businesses engage in diverse actions, such as reducing waste, increasing water and energy efficiency, altering transportation habits, and protecting native species. Healthy lifestyles require individuals to make smart food choices, exercise, avoid smoking and excessive sun exposure, and engage in a myriad of other actions. Research demonstrates, however, that the traditional approach of using ads, brochures or websites to encourage behaviour change simply doesn’t work. A new approach, community-based social marketing, is now being used effectively in numerous programs across the globe. We invite you to attend a workshop with the founder of community-based social marketing, Dr. Doug McKenzie-Mohr, as the training provided will fundamentally change the way you think about program delivery.
About Doug McKenzie-Mohr, Ph.D.
Books & Articles
- Fostering Behavior Change Newsletter Author, 2021
- Preface: Motivating Change Author, 2013
- Social Marketing to Protect the Environment: What Works Co-Author, 2011
- Fostering Sustainable Behavior: An Introduction to Community-Based Social Marketing (3rd Edition) Author, 2011
- Fostering Sustainable Behavior: Beyond Brochures Author, 2008
- Fostering Sustainable Behavior: An Introduction to Community-Based Social Marketing (2nd Edition) Co-Author, 1999
- Promoting a Sustainable Future: An Introduction to Community-Based Social Marketing (1st Edition) Author, 1996
- Psychology and the Promotion of a Sustainable Future Co-Editor, 1995
- Columbia, South Carolina: Association of Zoos & Aquariums March, 2015
- Hong Kong: International Zoo Educators Association September, 2014
- Honolulu, Hawaii: Hawaii Conservation Conference July, 2013
- Toronto, Ontario: World Social Marketing Conference April, 2013
- Sacramento, California: Behavior Energy and Climate Change Conference November, 2012
- Brisbane, Australia: International Social Marketing Conference June, 2012
- College Park, Maryland: Smart and Sustainable Campuses Conference April, 2012
- Dhaka, Bangladesh: World Social Marketing Forum March, 2012
- London, England: Challenging Behaviours Conference April, 2011