Letter to convince your supervisor
I would like to attend the virtual workshop that Dr. Doug McKenzie-Mohr is delivering in June of 2024. The framework that he founded, community-based social marketing, is now used as the basis for thousands of environmental programs worldwide.
The workshop comprehensively introduces community-based social marketing and its application to fostering behaviour change. I will learn the five steps of community-based social marketing, which include:
• How to select which environmental behaviours to target;
• How to identify the barriers to the adoption of these behaviours;
• How to develop strategies based on behavioural science knowledge;
• How to conduct and evaluate a pilot; and
• How to move from a pilot to broadscale implementation.
The process of CBSM is central to our agency’s work and this training will help to improve the impact of our programs. Workshop participants receive a certificate of completion and an electronic copy of the most recent edition of his acclaimed book.
Over 75,000 program planners have attended his training. Here are some anonymous evaluations that speak to the quality of his virtual workshops:
• Most valuable workshop/training I’ve EVER attended!
• Completely transformed my approach to my work.
• Incredibly informative and helpful.
• A very engaging speaker. I was glued to the screen the entire time.
• By far, the best workshop I’ve attended - on any topic!!!
• Fantastic. Simply invaluable.
Doug’s introductory CBSM workshop is on June 3rd, 4th, and 5th. The workshop consists of three four-hour sessions, which are held at a convenient time for attendees from across North America. The cost to attend is $895 USD.
Thank you in advance for considering this request and please let me know if you have any questions.