Jan Gravemaker Tukwil Jan 9, 2008 15:09 pm

Does anybody know about a private/public partnership in which CFL lightbulbs are taken-back at the point of sale and then returned to the manufacturing sector where the toxic, rare earth, electronic waste and inert constituent materials can be recovered and used to manufacture the next batch of CFL bulbs. I am looking for an example of program that covers a large city (at least 100,000 ihabitants) or a small country or a county or province.

Jan E Gravemaker

Rehabilitation and Weatherization Inspector
King County Housing Authority (KCHA)
Tukwila WA 98188 USA
Phn: (206)214-1247
Fax: (206)214-1259
Email: [email protected]
Website: http://www.kcha.org/home/home.aspx