For those of you making final preparations for the holidays, you might appreciate The Conversation's advice on how to avoid addictive-like behaviours while you're off work. From eating too much food to binge-watching Netflix to gaming well into the night, the article provides five great ideas for counteracting excessive behaviours:
1. Investigate the behaviour
2. Recruit others for their great ideas
3. Experiment with place, time and objects
4. Pay attention to what you think and say
5. Experiment with other activities
If you're interested in reading details on these five strategies, you can check out the article here.