Arrange a Keynote
Keynotes of 40-90 minutes duration are also offered. These sessions provide an overview of community-based social marketing and how it is being utilized throughout the world to foster environment, health and safety behaviors. These sessions can be customized to the specific needs of your organization.
About Doug McKenzie-Mohr, Ph.D.
For over three decades, Dr. Doug McKenzie-Mohr has been working to incorporate scientific knowledge on behavior change into the design and delivery of community programs. He is the founder of community-based social marketing and the author/co-author of three books on the topic. One of these books, “Fostering Sustainable Behavior,” has been recommended by Time Magazine and has become requisite reading for those who deliver programs to protect the environment. Doug is also the author of the Fostering Behavior Change Minute newsletter, which is read weekly by nearly 20,000 subscribers. His work has been featured in the New York Times and he is the recipient of the American Psychological Association’s inaugural award for innovation in environmental psychology and the World Social Marketing conference’s inaugural award for contributions to the field of social marketing. He is a former Professor of Psychology and currently an adjunct professor at the University of Victoria and Royal Roads University in Canada. More than 75,000 program managers have attended workshops on community-based social marketing that he has delivered internationally.
Books & Articles
- Fostering Behavior Change Newsletter Author, 2021
- Preface: Motivating Change Author, 2013
- Social Marketing to Protect the Environment: What Works Co-Author, 2011
- Fostering Sustainable Behavior: An Introduction to Community-Based Social Marketing (3rd Edition) Author, 2011
- Fostering Sustainable Behavior: Beyond Brochures Author, 2008
- Fostering Sustainable Behavior: An Introduction to Community-Based Social Marketing (2nd Edition) Co-Author, 1999
- Promoting a Sustainable Future: An Introduction to Community-Based Social Marketing (1st Edition) Author, 1996
- Psychology and the Promotion of a Sustainable Future Co-Editor, 1995
- Columbia, South Carolina: Association of Zoos & Aquariums March, 2015
- Hong Kong: International Zoo Educators Association September, 2014
- Honolulu, Hawaii: Hawaii Conservation Conference July, 2013
- Toronto, Ontario: World Social Marketing Conference April, 2013
- Sacramento, California: Behavior Energy and Climate Change Conference November, 2012
- Brisbane, Australia: International Social Marketing Conference June, 2012
- College Park, Maryland: Smart and Sustainable Campuses Conference April, 2012
- Dhaka, Bangladesh: World Social Marketing Forum March, 2012
- London, England: Challenging Behaviours Conference April, 2011