Hi, just wanted to share the opportunity to register for this FREE webinar on July 15th, "10 Social Marketing Pitfalls," that’s part of the Behavior, Energy, and Climate Change virtual conference’s webinar series. The actual conference is in December and has gone virtual, and they reopened the call for abstracts; the new deadline is July 24th.
More details on the webinar:
Title: BECC Webinar: 10 Social Marketing Pitfalls
Date: Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Time: 02:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Duration: 1 hour
Julie Colehour and Nancy Lee will use their combined 50 years of planning and implementing social marketing campaigns, to highlight the common mistakes they have seen come up time and time again. The social marketing planning process is complex and one wrong decision can dramatically impact your results. This presentation will focus on 10 common Social Marketing Pitfalls and how to avoid them.
- Failing to set measurable objectives, up front
- Focusing on more than one behavior
- Identifying too many barriers and not picking the true barrier that is preventing the desired behavior.
- Underestimating the benefits and motivators that are needed to overcome the barrier to the behavior change
- Thinking your audience is “the public” or “everyone”
- Assuming your target audience is “like you” or that you know how your target audience thinks and feels
- Failing to trust the research
- Creating messages that don’t cut through
- Selling “features”, instead of “benefits”
- Failing to account for self-reporting bias in the evaluation strategy